03 October 2012

All Good Things...

One final piece of TMRB trivia for you. Did you know that Of Carbon and Silicon has been around for six years? This is obviously referring to the Tripod version. But the very first entry to Of Carbon and Silicon was made in May of 2006. I had just discovered the relaxing properties of The Sims 2 and wrote as my first entry about how you could use the game as your own relaxation tool.
Wowsers... a lot's happened in that amount of time! Like, so much, it's not even funny! For example:

  • Homestar Runner stopped being updated after seeing a record number of Halloween toons in 2009.
  • I totally lost touch with everyone I went to high school with.
  • I started writing music.
  • The Sims 2 got replaced by a pile of corporate stupidity.
  • I finally got a Fantom X6.
  • I left Tripod.

So, loads of stuff. Loads more than I listed, actually... but most are secret.
Anyway, I am now officially locked out of my webmaster tools at Tripod and I'd be surprised if the old website is still there (I haven't bothered to check for ages). I have absolutely nowhere I can re-launch Spiny McSpleen's Nifty Website and all the HTML I learnt in 2004 is now totally worthless. On top of that, I haven't written in this blog for so long, I had to wipe an inch of dust away from the "New Post" button and evict a family of dormice from the Vince & Larry entry.
I guess all of this points to one very obvious fact. Some things never change, but other things can't last forever. Unfortunately, Of Carbon and Silicon, Spiny McSpleen's Nifty Website, and the whole Spiny McSpleen persona in general are amongst the things that don't last forever. As of this moment: Wednesday, 3 October 2012, 0128 hours CST, Of Carbon and Silicon is put on indefinite hiatus. I already have two other blogs going at the moment that I write in significantly more than this one.
If the website and Of Carbon and Silicon v.1.0 are still around, I'll be keeping them that way. In other words, I shan't just take them down. They'll remain there for as long as Lycos decides they should be there. Until such a time as I find it necessary to write in here again, I offer these other places as alternatives.

Recombo DNA
SPUDSBLOG

Good night, good fortune, stay nifty.

Jeffrey Allan Sebastian Perry (a.k.a. Spiny McSpleen)

No comments:

Post a Comment